Money laundering is the process whereby proceeds of crime are transformed into supposedly legitimate money or other assets, thereby making the illegal source of such inflow untraceable.
Anti-money laundering legislation as is in effect in most countries including Nigeria makes it necessary for us UniqueGold to make public our anti-money laundering policy to ensure we comply with money laundering regulations and not accept payments that expose our company to possible criminal fines and penalties.
We view money laundering as a serious criminal offence, and as such, comply with regulatory requirements intended to prevent money laundering.
UniqueGold has devised the following means to check such activities:
1. KYC/Customer Verification;
2. Prudent record of all transactions for a minimum record of five years;
3. Educating our staff continuously in terms of anti-money laundering regulations;
4. Monitoring and reporting any suspicious activity and transactions;
5. Setting of daily transaction limit for all transactions;
6. Constant regulation of deposits by the introduction of the Invoice System;
7. Refund of all third party deposits to the funds source;
8. Prevention of anonymous registration on the site by using the customer's bank information and
9. Close monitoring of all transactions and information in the system making sure they are correct at all times and complies with applicable laws.
Please note that UniqueGold has the right to refuse a transaction at any time should suspicion arise that such transaction may be connected to money laundering or any other criminal activity. In addition, UniqueGold will report this suspicious activity in order to comply with said regulations, and internationally accepted laws and customs which also prohibits UniqueGold from disclosing this information to you.